Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New England Striper Season Is Here

Memorial Day marks the unofficial start of summer. What is also indicates in the start of the striper season - at least in my mind and in my geographic area. Even though stripers (of quality and of quantity) have been caught throughout souther New England and Cape Cod, I feel like Memorial Day is a good time to start hunting trophy fish, particularly in my area now which is now Boston Harbor and the N. Shore.

Look for the Canal to have reports of large fish (especially during the breaking tides this weekend), and also the North and South Rivers. I also assume that large fish will start being hauled from the river on the North Shore as well.

Use big baits as herring and mackerel will be on the menu. I like to use 9" sluggos and hogys, loaded red fins, sebile magic swimmers, and big pencil poppers this time of year. Don't forget the spooks and glide baits either.

Go get em!

No comments:

Post a Comment