Thursday, April 7, 2011

Warmer Temps, Herring, and Fresh Stripers

Temperatures are finally on the rise. Despite the frost on my windshield this morning it appears that the never ending winter has finally receded. Flowers are rapidly popping up through the soil, flower buds are appearing on shrubs, bird chirping is increasing everyday, and herring are showing up in runs and entering the ponds all along the east coast.

I love the Spring. After a long, cold, snow-filled winter, the spring is an enormous breath of fresh air. It is time to start casting at your favorite early season spots, as fresh stripers are rapidly moving into CT and RI waters, with Cape Cod seeing fresh fish in a week or two.

Though I need to wait a little longer until fresh stripers reach me up on the N. Shore of MA, I have been out scouting some spots, and seeing how the winter storms changed our beaches and rivers. I encourage you to do the same, and why not bring a rod along with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment