Friday, May 11, 2012

More than Just Catching Fish


A recent fish-less outing reminded me there is more to fishing than catching fish.

Too often do fisherman rate their experiences based on their catch. “What’d you catch?” “Any luck?” “How are they biting?” These phrases are often the norm in conversations with fishing buddies. Don’t get me wrong, I love catching fish, and that is my primary goal each time I head to the beach or out on the boat; but I’ve also learned to appreciate more than just a singing drag.

From sunrises and sunsets, to rainbows and rainstorms, to seeing more stars in a sky than you could ever imagine; each time you go fishing you’re likely in for a treat - other than a fish on the end of your line. I’ve even stood on top the banks of the Cape Cod Canal and watched a school of stripers corral and pick apart a school of herring, without even causing the slightest of ripple on the surface.


So hopefully you're angling adventures are full of fish, but if they're not, remember there is more to fishing than catching fish.






No comments:

Post a Comment